Cisco 1720 VPN Router
The Cisco 1720 Modular Access Router delivers a flexible, integrated
data access solution for small branch offices and small and medium-sized businesses
that want to deploy secure Internet/Intranet and Extranet access. Preparing
a small or medium-sized business or small branch office for the future means
implementing networking equipment with three critical characteristics: flexibility
to adapt to changing requirements, features and performance to support new world
services, and integration of multiple network functions to simplify deployment
and management operations.
The Cisco 1720 access router delivers all of these capabilities
with Cisco IOS software in a modular, integrated product for data Internet/Intranet
and extranet access, including VPNs.
The cisco 1720 access router offers the following components:
- One autosensing 10/100 Fast Ethernet LAN port
- Two modular WAN interface card slots
- One auxiliary (AUX) port (up to 115.2 Kbps asynchronous
- One console port
- RISC processor for high-performance encryption
- One internal expansion slot for support of future hardware-assisted
services, such as encryption (up to T1/E1)
The Cisco 1720 supports any combination of two WAN interface
cards listed - which are also supported by the Cisco 1600, 2600 and 3600 routers.
These cards support all common WAN technologies:
- Integrated Service Digital Network (ISDN)
- Asynchronous serial
- Synchronous serial
- Leased lines
- Frame Relay
- Switched 56
- Switched Multimegabit Data Service (SMDS)
The Cisco 1720 router supports a range of network management
and ease of installation tools:
- Cisco ConfigMaker is a Windows Wizard-based tool designed
to configure a small network of Cisco routers, switches, hubs and other network
devices from a single PC.
- CiscoView, a GUI-based device management software application
for UNIX platforms
- CiscoWorks2000, the industry-leading Web-based network management
- For service providers, Cisco Service Management (CSM) provides
an extensive suite of service management solutions to enable service providers
to quickly plan, provision, monitor, and bill for VPNs.
- Configuration Express.
- Reliability and Scalability
- Device integration